Transfer of Graduate Credit Earned Elsewhere

Under certain conditions and with the approval of the Department Chair or Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, credits for graduate work completed with a grade of B or above at another institution may be accepted and applied to a degree program in the School of Public Health.

The individual department or program determines the number of credits that may be transferred. The University’s Procedures and Policies Pertaining to Transfer Credit are described on the back of the Request for Transfer of Credit to a Graduate Program form.  

Supporting documentation requires an official transcript from the institution where the credit was earned and a detailed description of the course. In most cases, credits to be transferred must have been earned within six years of the request. Under certain circumstances, MPH students may request transfer of older credits by filing the  Request for Waiver of Statute of Limitations form.